BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION REQUIREMENTS
The New York State Department of Financial Services, created by combining the New York State Banking and Insurance Departments aims to modernize regulatory oversight of the financial services.
It is the policy of the New York State Department of Financial Services to accept background investigative reports from any licensed private investigative firm that is licensed by the New York State Department of State, Division of Corporations. Fidelifacts Metropolitan New York, Inc. is licensed by the State of NY under license # 11000041413
According to the NY State Department of Financial Services, no background report will be considered complete unless all of the information requested below is included in the investigative report.
- Copy of a Personal credit history from one of the three major credit bureaus.
- Federal civil & bankruptcy court search for at least the last 10 years.
- Federal criminal record search.
- County and/or statewide criminal record checks based on the counties in which the applicant has lived and worked and in all counties contiguous to those counties.
- Educational records investigation.
- Complete prior employment history investigation with supervisory and co-worker interviews plus company record information.
- Professional and personal references (three of each, excluding relatives).
- Search of the major national and international news, business news and wire services for any articles relating to the subject.
- Check of appropriate regulatory agencies for any censures, violations, and litigation.
- State driving record check for driving record history.
- Judgment & lien filings in the county or counties of residence plus any contiguous counties in the last 10 years.
- Licenses granted by any governmental agency or judicial body and indicate if they are still in good standing.
PROCEDURES AND COSTS
DOING A BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION FOR THE NYS Department of Financial Services:
PRICE: $1200.00 FOR ONE PERSON + sales tax.
PROCEDURE FOR ORDERING A REPORT FROM US:
Once all applications are completed and SIGNED by each applicant, forward them to:
Fidelifacts/Metropolitan NY Inc.
114 Old Country Rd.,
Mineola, NY 11501
Be sure to include payment as per the prices noted above.
We send these reports direct to the NYS Department of Financial Services, but in order to do so, we MUST have the full name of the person at the Department to whom the report is to be sent. The normal time frame for completing a report is 2-4 weeks.
In order to speed the process be sure to include complete name and addresses of former employers, telephone numbers if known and if there have been any name changes be sure to so indicate on the application. The same requirements apply to colleges/universities.
If you know the phone numbers of personal/professional references be sure to include that information.
If you have any additional questions please call us @ 1-800-678-0007 or e-mail email@example.com.